- 01 Overture (“For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name, He writes—not that you won or lost—but how you played the Game.” – Grantland Rice)1-2 Shorthand Phonetics
- 02 Are You Having an Aneurysm? Is This What An Aneurysm Looks Like?3-4 Shorthand Phonetics
- 03 Duh, Winning!5 Shorthand Phonetics
Copyleft 2011 Yes No Wave Music and Tsefula/Tsefuelha Records
Shorthand Phonetics is Ababil Ashari (vox, guitar, bass, programming)
All tracks by A. Ashari except track 1 by A. Ashari / T. Teravainen / V.L. Hidajat / J. Steele / S. Carradinni,
track 3 by A. Ashari / S. Budiharjo, track 4 and 8 by A. Ashari / S. Carradini, track 7 by A. Ashari / V. L. Hidajat
and track 9 and pt.2 of track 11 by A. Ashari / J. Steele
Cover art and booklet art were cropped and modified from a photograph entitled “11-08-09” by Dov Harrington
Back cover art was modified from the photograph entitled “Lab Coats” by Logan Ingalls
Both photographs are used under the Attribution 2.0 Generic Creative Commons License (CC BY 2.0)
Produced, mixed and mastered by Ababil Ashari
Recorded at Third Floor First Room Studios, Pasteur, Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia to a 2007 Hewlett-Packard Presario V3500
through a Labtec webcam mic in the month of July 2011.
Dedicated to my muse.
“Cantata no. 6 (Assistants of Assistants) in Varying Keys, Op. 25 for Three Electric Guitars, One Bass Guitar, One Drum Kit, One Tenor and Additional Voices Where Appropriate” is the sixth full-length concept album by lo-fi indie band Shorthand Phonetics.
This album narrates Hanabishi Hideaki’s trials and tribulations within the year in his life in medicine after the American sabbatical he took graduating.
These 52 minutes of music roughly covers the 52 weeks within that year of his return to medicine.
Tracklisting with Full Titles and Reference Points
01. Overture (“For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name, He writes—not that you won or lost—but how you played the Game.” – Grantland Rice)1-2
02. Are You Having an Aneurysm? Is This What An Aneurysm Looks Like?3-4
03. Duh, Winning!5
04. Dirk Nowitzki vs. The Heat6
05. Fujioka Fujie Sits Me Down and It Was Totally Ninja (A Conversation Sung Alone)7
06. Anyone Can Play Guitar 2: The Fan Sequel (Just Wanna Play Portal 2 With You, or, “So There’s This French […] Well French Iranian Cartoon Called “Persepolis” About Growing Up in Iran During the Iranian Revolution or Whatever… It’s Fun! You’ll Like It!”), or, “Any state that passes a bill that tries to regulate video games based on content is just asking to pay my legal fees…” – Paul Smith8-11
07. Tragedy in the Tradeoff, or, You Have Been Taken Over by the Goddess of Gossip and It Is Not a Good Look on You, Sister! (Well, That’s the Easiest Way to Make You Stop Talking About All the Annoying People You Meet, Brother!12
08. The Bachelor Party, or, Standing Next To13
09. Sex Bob-Omb and the Pursuit of Being Sad and Stuff14
10. Ling-Ling! You…Uh…Excited for Christmas? […] Oh No! It’s a Tumor…15
11. Natalies for Glasses VI (After Six Years, This Is All I’ve Got to Show For) pt. 1: Hey, I Love You16, pt. 2: What Else Is New (Reprise) and pt. 3: In My Dreams, You Wanted Pictures of our Projected Future
12. Natalies for Glasses VI (After Six Years, This Is All I’ve Got to Show For) pt. 4: And This, Tsubasa, This Is the Best I Can Do Impromptu17